Tuesday, March 1, 2016

Non-Scale Victory is Mine!




The scale has not been cooperating with my lately...which leads to a lot of negative talk and feelings. So yesterday I pulled out my former favourite pair of Anne Taylor dress pants that I have not worn in almost 2 years and low and behold......THEY FIT! And not just fit, but I could comfortably sit down and breathe.  And no gyrations or dancing needed to put them on.

This was not me....though I thought it would be :)

The scale may not have moved but I can fit into pants that I couldn't fit into just 4 weeks ago. I will consider that a win! 

Training and dieting are polar opposites. Its hard for me to balance my nutrition with my heavier load of training.  Either I am starving or I over eat.  Balance is key and I have been struggling to find that perfect balance.  Since I got serious in December I have lost a total of 16 lbs, which in retrospect is AMAZING, but I feel like it should be more since my activity level is through the roof.  

Long runs, swims, and bikes while dieting are leaving me more tired than normal. This week I plan on adding back in a small snack to help. We will see how that goes after a week or two for my training, weight, and stamina.  

I still have 6 months until Beach to Battleship Ironman 70.3 so I know I have plenty of time to dial in everything.   But I really, really want to get to race weight by August so that I can dial in my training load.  Lets hope the next 15 pounds find themselves a new home in the next 3 or 4 months!




No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers