Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Pineapple Upside Down Cake

We just got back from Maui.  I miss the islands.  The warm sun, the ocean, and all the wonderful fresh fruit and fish.  We came back to Fairbanks to find snow and minus 0 temps.  Booooo.  Winter is here to stay this time.

I thought I would make a nice cake to remind me of the Islands.  And my hubby loves pineapple!

Here goes


Topping

1 cup brown sugar
3/4 stick of butter
4-5 pineapple rings
Marachino Cherries

Cake
1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
2 teaspoons baking powder
1/4 teaspoon salt
3/4 stick unsalted butter, softened
1 cup granulated sugar
2 large eggs
1 teaspoon vanilla
1/2 cup pineapple juice (i used the juice from the can of pineapple rings)

Melt butter and pour in bottom of the pan. I like the bundt cake pan, but any will do. Add pineapple rings and put the cherries in the center.

Prepare cake

Add all dry ingredients and sift. Combine all wet ingredients in a separate bowl and lightly wisk. Add dry to the wet ingredients. Use a hand mixer and mix on med for about 2 minutes. Poor over the pineapple.

For bundt pan, bake for about 35-40 minutes at 350. I have a dark colored non stick pan, so it brown to fast, so I pull the heat down to about 310 and bake and check at 30 minutes and adjust cooking time. For light colored or glass pan use 350. Round or square cakes should be done in about aprox. 25 minutes depending on size of pan used.

Cool cake for 5 minutes and remove from pan onto serving platter. Serve and enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers